As a graphic designer, tools and software play an important role for your creativity. However, some computers are not powerful enough to run those applications.The best computer for graphic design combines high influential components and brilliant screens.
For such an important investment, we provide a fast-track buying guide for you to choose the best one.
In case, there are too many options on the market that makes you feel confused about where to start, scroll to the bottom of this article and take a look at our pick of top 15 best computer for graphic design of 2020 which drastically speeds up your workflow.
Best Computer For Graphic Design comparison 2021
Best AIO PC for professional graphic designers
Best AIO PC for Apple fan designers
Best tower PC for multi-purpose users
Best CPU for low budget Apple fan designers
Best CPU for amateur designers
** Below, you will find our detailed reviews of the Best Computer For Graphic Design, but you can also click these following links to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
- XP-PEN G640 Graphics Tablet is designed for gameplay, drawing, painting, sketching, E-signatures, etc. Battery-free Stylus making lines flow quicker and smoother, enhancing overall performance
- The perfect replacement for a traditional mouse! The XP-Pen advanced Battery-free stylus does not require charging, allowing for constant uninterrupted Draw and Play. The one-click toggle allows you to switch between Pen and Eraser instantly, suitable for both right and left hand users. Now comes with 20 replacement nibs. Allowing you to have more fun
- Ultra Large Drawing Area & Type C Interface Port: VEIKK A15 graphic tablet comes with 10x6 inch active area, and it is thin (only 9mm) and light enough so you can carry it around your workspace. The TYPE C USB port allow plug in and out with either direction which is more convenient and stable.
- 12 Customizable Shortcut keys: 12 fully customizable express keys create a highly ergonomic and convenient work platform, you can customize them according to your usage habits on driver. This A15 digital pen tablet is designed for both right and left hand users, you can do it with a simple setup on VEIKK driver interface .
- 【Large Active Drawing Space】: UGEE M708 V2 graphic drawing tablet, features 10 x 6 inch large active drawing space with papery texture surface, provides enormous and smooth drawing for your digital artwork creation, offers no-lag sketch, painting experience;
- 【8192 Passive Stylus Technology】: A more affordable passive stylus technology offers 8192 levels of pressure sensitivity allows you to draw accurate lines of any weight and opacity according to the pressure you apply to the pen, sharper line with light pressure and thick line with hard pressure, perfect for artistry design or unique brush effect for photo retouching;
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Hughes, John F. (Author)
- Support Mac/Windows/Android: Not only compatible with Mac and Windows, Huion H640P also supports Android 6.0 or later via an included OTG adapter to turn your phones or tablets into a digital drawing canvas.This easy-to-use pen tablet is perfect for kids and beginners for drawing，animation，photo-editing or design work in most programs including Adobe Photoshop, paint tool sai, illustrator, corel draw, corel painter, sketchbook, manga studio, clip studio paint and more.
- Ideal for Online Education: With stylus and H640P,teachers and studernts can easily handwritten edit,diagram,do math,annotate on virtual whitebord in Zoom, Team and Xsplit while streaming or broadcasting.It is compatible with Word, Powerpoint OneNote and more.It is also perfect for taking notes ,jotting down ideas and business signature during web conferencing and remote working.
- Hardcover Book
- Prust, Z. A. (Author)
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Bethune, James D. (Author)
- Factory sealed DVD
- Julie Andrews, James Garner, Robert Preston (Actors)
- Funny design for developer, hacker, coder and programmer that do programming, coding, debugging table, hacking coffee powered every day. If you study information technology or science, tell them about the bits and bytes. Do Java, Python or HTML as nerd
- This 6 Stages of Debugging graphic Programming Computer Science Tee is a perfect gift for Men, Women, Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, Sister, Brother, Friends and Kids on Birthday, Christmas, Carnival, Halloween and any other costume and dress up event
- English (Publication Language)
Top 15 Best Computer For Graphic Design Reviews 2021
- The perfect home computer: with the world's widest curved all-in-one and Amazon Alexa built in, you can experience immersive entertainment and control your smart home without touching a mouse
- Amazon Alexa: just ask and Alexa can check your calendar, create lists, answer questions, play music, control your smart home and much more
HP seems to try hard to get as many “best” claims as possible, like the world's loudest AIO (all-in-one), the world's widest 4K screen in an AIO and the world’s best computer for graphic design by this monster - HP Envy 34-inch curved.
Its screen is definitely breathtaking to anyone who looks at it. The curved display doesn’t only give you more workspace, more reality experience but also brilliant technology. It has technicolor-certified mode, which gains more density of the colors to bring astonished images and videos.
The audio system of the Envy Curved AIO is another spotlight. HP has made the loudest AIO through quad speakers and dual passive radiators with bang & Olufsen, which gives you not only loud music but also magnificent sound.
It is no doubt that the Envy is a quality computer for graphic designers due to built-in strong Inter 7th-gen processor, AMD Radeon graphics card and a combination of a solid-state drive (SSD) as well as hard drive gives the all-in-one a wonderful balance of speed, capacity and pristine clarity graphics quality without any issue.
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com
- Our most powerful Surface yet with Intel Core i7 processors, discrete NVIDIA GeForce GPU, and SSD storage
This Windows PC is estimated as the best computer for graphic design.
Microsoft's Microsoft Surface Studio 2 is an all-in-one computer that uses a touch-sensitive screen that’s floating on a hinge.
A bonus point for the Studio over iMac is that the Wacom tablet and pen is unnecessary, because you can use Microsoft’s Surface Pen on it also. When you want to draw, just fix it to a 20-degree position, you will get a giant 28-inch massive tablet for digital art. How convenient it is!
Although it is still using a quad-core processor, Microsoft gives you graphics card options that can deliver some excellent performance, and there is an incredibly big capacity of SSD storage and 32GB of memory available.
Using the Studio 2 for graphic designing has given me a different feeling from any other computers. The Studio’s taller aspect ratio supports me even more screen real property: over 430 square inches. It’s a giant digital sheet for me to do whatever I want.
I hope that they will update the processor for Surface Studio 2 in 2021.
- Processor: Intel Core i9-10900F Ten Core Processor (20MB Cache, 5.2GHz Single Core Peak Boost) *Sustained 110W average CPU power draw was observed during testing providing for significantly improved all core frequency. (Liquid Cooled)
- RAM: 32GB DDR4 2933MHz CL16 | Hard Drive: 512GB NVMe Solid State Drive + 2TB 7200rpm Hard Disk Drive
Why did we put this gaming PC in an article about the best computer for graphic designs? Well, that is because of the outstanding hardware. This high-end gaming desktop is an innovative computer for performing a game, as well as a smooth design experience, so it will surely meet your needs.
The Continuum Gamer PC sports an 8-core 9th Gen Intel i9 processor combining with the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 2080. Those specs are the most advanced GPUs in the tech world. Aside from it, the computer uses both SSD and HDD to support them.
Provide it with a good monitor then you may have yourself the ultimate setup for graphic design.
- The perfect PC for creators: With an Intel(R) processor, 16 GB of RAM and a 31.5" monitor, get impressive performance for photo and video editing and improved multi-tasking
- Integrated 4K monitor: 31.5" diagonal wide-color-gamut with HDR-600, 6000:1 contrast ratio, 600 nits peak brightness, anti-reflective coating, DCI-P3 at 98% and 10 bit color channel; view and edit creative projects or watch videos with crisp, accurate color
If you are looking for the best computer for graphic design, you definitely can’t miss HP Envy 32. This all-in-one computer is a cutting-edge innovation which can count on your designing complacent.
The first thing that takes your attention when you get this computer is the 4K UHD monitor. It will leave you speechless due to its stunning vision. Like HP Envy 34, this display uses new technology to enhance the colors which will give you more reality and excellent experience.
Combined with a massive screen, HP has given it a strong Intel core i7 processor and AMD Radeon RX 460 graphics card. What you get from these amazing specs is a smooth experience when working on any kind of design project.
Even though this computer is made for graphic design, it still does a great job in the entertainment field, especially with sound. The Envy has a six-speaker system which is believed as the loudest and best-sounding all-in-one recently. The most interesting thing is that the speakers have a separate Bluetooth chip for the speakers. Therefore, you still can connect a phone or other device and play via the speakers while the system is off.
- 27-inch (diagonal) 5120-by-2880 Retina 5K display
- 3.3GHz 6-core 10th-generation Intel Core i5
According to many designers groups, the iMac 27-inch (2020) is believed to be the best computer for graphic design right now. Apple has done the whole process from building the computer, monitor to a single software. So that they can ensure the computer will be the best version as it can.
Apple has brought a powerful newest processor - 10th generation Intel Core - which brings up to 10 cores into their product. Along with an excellent CPU, it is equipped with giant capacity SSDs storage and especially, the most hefty graphic card fitted with the massive 5K Retina display.
Therefore, it is no doubt that Apple has made this formidable setup for graphic designers. To give extra support for them, iMac brings out such a fantastic environment for graphic design, you’ll be astonished at its performance behind the display.
I’ve put a tensile test on the components, this machine has amazed me. It was able to lag-free multi-task up to 3 times faster compared to the other versions of iMac.
Even though, iMac’s price is quite high, it is worth it to afford this reliable machine for yourself.
- Powered to handle any task: AMD Ryzen 3 3250U Processor, 8GB RAM, and 256GB SSD
- Immersive viewing: 23.8-inch Full HD anti-glare display with near-invisible NanoEdge slim bezel design
The Asus Vivo AIO is the best computer for graphics design with a 27-inch touchscreen. Although it doesn’t have a massive graphic card as other computers I mentioned above, 8GB of memory and a 1TB hard-disk drive with Intel Core i5 processor can support you with basic graphic design computer projects.
The most valuable feature of this AIO computer is the touchscreen, like Surface Studio 2 but at a lower price version.
- AMD Ryzen 7 3800X eight-core processor (32M Cache, up to 4.5GHz) with ROG B450 board & chipset
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB GDDR6 | GPU Ports: 1x HDMI, 3x DP
The ROG Strix is not only known as the best computer for graphic design but also a good-looking machine with customizable LED light.
ROG is a gaming brand of Asus which has made a reputation in this field through years. So, it is no doubt that a graphic designer can easily encounter any task due to its powerful specs.
This computer uses hexa-core which is a big step up from all the quad-core processors. ROG claims the GeForce GTX 2070 is said to deliver up to 3x increase in performance. It helps the frame buffer load speedily while removing any noticeable latency.
Here’s an experience of me using this CPU to play Doom. This game has made many computers struggle with dropping frame rate and texture. But the Strix still stayed sharp, and rendered frames quickly. A reasonable price for an “alien” to me, as well as any designer.
Meanwhile, Asus gives you some configurations to customize your desktop according to your designing needs and demands. Moreover, there is still plenty of empty space inside the case for extra components. This means that replacing parts is a piece of cake, even newbies can do it.
- Intel Core i7 8700 (6-Core/12-thread, 12MB Cache, 4.6GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology)
- 16GB 2400MHz DDR4,
Whether you are an amateur or a professional designer, this gaming CPU is also one of the best computer for graphic design you can consider. This Inspiron has been built-in a six-core core processor and strong NVIDIA graphic cards.
Like Alienware, Dell gives you some options to upgrade. Even when you choose the low specs, it still can run your graphic design and with standard performance needs. As far as stand-alone tower computers, you can purchase any monitor and other accessories. This machine works well with most of the popular devices.
If you are an amateur or don’t have to work with high media work then it is a considerable choice for you
- Featuring the latest 10th Gen Intel Core Processor, zip through tasks quickly and easily.
- Protect your privacy with the pop-up webcam stays hidden until you're ready for video chatting or selfies.
This is the best computer for graphic designs if you are tired from all-in-one desktops for a moment or you already have a great display and great accessories. What makes it value for money is the specs. For those who don’t need a first place one so this can be a great choice.
The tower doesn’t contain the most advanced processor or latest version of NVIDIA graphics card, but it’s still powerful enough to deliver a smooth experience while rendering heavy projects. What really takes it to the next level is the 16GB RAM, which can support the processor in editing programs.
One bonus point for this computer is the amount of additional ports, so that you can connect many devices at once without purchasing an extra hub for it.
Despite mid-range features, the CPU can offer all the support you need on your design projects.
- Intel NUC NUC8i7HVK Mini PC/HTPC With All New Parts Assembled
- Intel Quad-Core i7-8809G 3.1GHz With Turbo Boost Upto 4.2GHz, 8MB Cache
One interesting such the best computer for graphic designers from the last couple of years is the Intel NUC Kit NUC8i7HVK mini PC, which is known as “Hades Canyon” - small but strong.
This desktop combines Intel Core i7 processor and AMD Radeon graphics card that can satisfy the least requirement of graphic designers. For this size, it shows well-above-average performance to graphic design work.
- System: Intel Core i5-10400F 2.9GHz 6-Core, Intel B460 Chipset, 8GB DDR4, 500GB PCI-E NVMe SSD, & Genuine Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6GB Video Card, 1x HDMI, & 1x DisplayPort
This best computer for graphic design does everything you’d want it to. It comes with a powerful Intel processor, new Nvidia graphics card, 8GB RAM, and large capacity from SSD and HDD. So, the CyberpowerPC can easily handle any game as well as any task you might throw at it (multitasking, video editing, coding or just simple multimedia or office tasks).
A special point is a colorful appearance full of RGB led which can be controlled by remote. Along with the CPU, there are a wireless gaming keyboard and a wireless gaming mouse.
- Apple-designed M1 chip for a giant leap in CPU, GPU, and machine learning performance
- 8-core CPU packs up to 3x faster performance to fly through workflows quicker than ever*
If you are a fan of Apple but you want a desktop instead of a laptop, the new Mac Mini with M1 Chip is another option for the best computer for graphic design.
M1 Chip has done an incredible job with its speed which is faster than Intel's one but does not use much power in doing so. As long as the powerful chip, Apple built unbelievable graphics for this CPU. It brings extremely integrated up to 6x faster in graphic performance - graphic designers should not miss it.
Mac mini with M1 chip is the cutting-edge offering that should carry out your work well for years.
- 10th Generation Intel Core i5-1035G1 Processor (Up to 3. 6GHz)
- 27" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen Edge-to-Edge LED Back-lit Display
With the Acer Aspire C27, you don’t have to spend too much money on the best computer for graphic design. By using ample specs, it is able to run just about any multimedia application.
It uses a Full HD screen, 24GB of memory in all and a strong Intel processor , which gives you just enough resolution and power for designing.
In addition, the cinematic sound of the computer will bring out high-quality audio reproduction. One interesting unique innovation of the Aspire, you may kick it up a notch is the base of the display which also acts as a wireless charging panel. How convenient it is!
- POWER FOR THE FUTURE – Get ready to game on your terms with seamless expansions and easy upgrades. This potent PC will keep up with your skills and the games of tomorrow.
- CUSTOMIZABLE AND COMPACT – This sleek, space-saving tower allows you to expand and upgrade with customizable LED lights and system optimization in the OMEN Command Center
At under $1,000, you still can get the best computer for a graphic designer with HP Pavilion Gaming Computer. This offer is for those who may just start their career and are still on budget.
An 8th generation Intel processor is built inside along with an Nvidia GPU as well as upgradable up to 64GB Ram to help your programs load smoothly. Moreover, the computer provides a large solid-state drive (SSD) storage.
Under those circumstances, this computer is believed as the latest range of home office desktops with the capacity to design and game.
- BUILT RELIABLY FOR REAL-LIFE: Real-life action demands serious performance and tested durability. The HP Pavilion Desktop PC brings the latest technology and reliability from a trusted brand that protects what matters to you most.
- MADE FOR THE MODERN FAMILY: Ditch the dull black box with a polished silver brushed finish that perfectly fits in any space.
As one of the best computer for graphic design, the HP Pavilion offers a lot for a reasonable price for. It is an excellent choice for beginners or 2D designers.
Understanding the requirements of customers, HP gives many upgrade options for you to set up a satisfactory setup, including up to 8-core processor and huge capacity storage which can be HDD for saving choice.
It’s not going to amaze you in either design or performance, but it’s a considerable mid-range option for basic graphic design computer needs.
What does the best computer for graphic design need?
Graphic designers should primarily target the operating system, GPU, memory (RAM), hard drive, monitor of the computer. These are the most important specs to decide whether a computer is suitable to your needs or not.
A strong CPU and sufficient RAM for faster performance
A poor processing computer can struggle on complex projects. For instance, huge 3D designs take an incredible length of time to render. If your work is mostly 2D, the latest generations Intel Core i5 processor can be the least in requirement .
However, working with heavier work such as 3D animation, using 2 cores may be annoying. In this incident, AMD A8 series processors will be more appropriate. If there is no constraint on budget, you can pick a quad-core processor of AMD FX or Intel’s Core i7 series.
Ample processor combined with 8GB RAM is the best choice. As far as the development of software, having more RAM to upgrade it later can be a good idea. Therefore, you should choose the computer which has memory expansion.
Graphic card for getting comprehensive and hefty texturing
Graphic cards are not only important for gamers, but also essential for designing. The good graphic card must be able to handle sophisticated texture. We highly recommend you to get mid-end or higher ones. You can consider the latest version of AMD’s Radeon or NVIDIA GeForce. Since these brands use the newest technology which is expected to be future-proof for computers, you can avoid upgrading it yearly.
Illustrate AutoCAD software, it requires high-end graphic cards to handle complex 3D textures. Under these circumstances, you can look for GeForce GPUs GTX 1060 or later versions. Otherwise, one of the R9 series of Radeon GPUs is not a bad choice.
Large capacity storage for heavy projects
There are two types of storage - hard disk drives (HDD) and solid state drives (SSD). Hard drives are usually cheaper, but slower than solid ones. Even though SSDs have higher price tags, many customers still prefer them due to their speed in rendering and loading of projects.
If your work includes massive 3D and videos but your budget is limited, picking up one with 1TB HDD should be sufficient.
Display and screen size for optimizing your working
Design software usually has large tool panels. Therefore, using those software on a tiny workspace will obstruct designer creativity.
Professional designers usually get as high as possible resolution screen. If the graphic card is much higher than the resolution, it will push the screen so many frames based on bandwidth and data from the CPU. A 15 inches resolution or higher is an ideal choice.
If you still feel “cramped” among the tools, connecting more than one screen will give extra space for you to work.
The video below shows details about system requirements for some graphic design applications. Let’s spend a little time to check out what you should be looking for in terms of computing power:
Roundup Top 5 Best Computer For Graphic Designs You Should Buy In Beginning Of 2021
Best AIO PC for professional graphic designers
Best AIO PC for Apple fan designers
Best tower PC for multi-purpose users
Best CPU for low budget Apple fan designers
Best CPU for amateur designers
A Computer to a graphic designer is like a sword to a knight. Therefore, having a powerful machine is necessary to help you do the project more quickly and perfectly.
Coming to Desktop PCs, we divide them into two categories: all-in-one computer and stand-alone CPU. Both of them are able to provide powerful components to handle intense creative tasks like 3D rendering… However, upgrading all-in-one PCs is a pain while standard ones usually have plenty of empty space for future improvement. Therefore, most professional designers choose the ultimate high-end all-in-one computer, such as the iMac for MacOS lovers or Microsoft Surface Studio 2 for window users.
Those computers need to have at least four cores to run apps like Photoshop or Illustrator smoothly. Besides, 8GB++ RAM and SSD storage options also speed up your workflow on multi-layered, high-resolution documents.
If you already have accessories, choosing a tower PC - ROG Strix, or even a mini CPU - Mac Mini - to save area on your working desk isn't a bad idea. On the other hand, you can pick up a low budget one at the beginning of your career, HP Pavilion Gaming Computer, then upgrade it later after being professional enough to know just the right specs that you want.
That is all the information about the best computer for graphic design. Now, it’s market time!