Finding the best dresses for plus size women is all about digging for high quality clothes that really fit and still look stylish. Many curvy women find it hard to be confident in their clothes, especially dresses. If you can find dresses that fit your measurements and are made from durable materials, you’ll look awesome. “Duh, but how can I find those dresses?” Hellooo, that’s the reason why we’re here.In this article from Premme, we’ll walk you through 30 best dresses for plus size women and then, we’ll give you an ultimate guide to choose the best dresses for yourself. No more waiting, let’s jump right in.
Best Dress for Work
Best Dress for Daily Wear
Best Dress For Special Occasions
** Below, you will find our detailed reviews of the Best Dresses For Plus Size Women, but you can also click these following links to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
- The Drop Down Size is US Plus Size. Please choose your usual size.
- Features: The print pattern is cute and adorable of this plus size swing babydoll dress, the v-shaped plunging neckline with the frilly fabric around it, and the loose ruffle sleeves are very flattering and hit the elbow, smocked waist, mini length.
- 👍👍 This Printed Dress Is Gorgeous! Loving The Lace And How Comfy It Is! Don'T Miss Out On This Must Have Dress.
- sun dresses women summer casual guest spring summer knot front dress off shoulder dress summer boho woman dresses elegant wedding maxi dress for women spring 2022 long sleeve long womens dresses beach dress for woman summer sexy womens mini dresses spring kamono women plus size women's dresses for work spring plus cocktail dress spring dress 20 1/2 plus size bohemian dresses for women blue spring dresses formal women's summer dresses for vacation kimono maxi dress plus size boho spring maxi Red
- Short Sleeve, V neck, All Over Print, Butterfly Sleeve, A Line, High Waist, Summer Short Dress
- This floral dress is perfect for summer, daily casual, date, work, school, party, vacation
- Fabric has slight stretch and comfortable
- Striped print, wrap v neck, short sleeve, a line short dress
- The Drop Down Size is US Plus Size. You can order your usual size directly.
- Featrues: Well-made nice cut, classic floral and geometric print boho swing dress, color block,cute and pretty design, fit and flare,flattering plus size fit, stretchy empired waistline, short batwing sleeve, waist with seperated belt, asymmetrical hem,side split, knee length dresses. There are 2 sides pocket at the skirt part,and it is simple and adorable. This trendy and chic womens dresses, and makes you look more charming and attractive!
- Empire Waist, Tiered Swing Skirt, Side Pockets, Full Length and Casual Loose Style. You would certainly love the way they make you look and feel. These Summer Dresses are made of Rayon. Soft, Comfortable and Airy for Hot Summer and Humid days; Lightweight but not See through.
- As Summer Beach Dresses, they are printed brightly with flowers. You would catch more eyes, especially with fashion hats or cool sunglasses.These Long Maxi Casual Dresses are tiered for large Swing skirt (105 inches around the bottom) and with side pockets for your phone, keys. Walking on streets or your garden on summer nights with hands putting in the pockets, breeze waving the skirts, you are taken to the boho hippie style of your youth, the happy leisure time, relaxed and funny.
- 🔥Material: 95%Polyester+5%Spandex, Hanna Nikole's plus size pencil dress is made of quality chiffon capelet and comforty fabric, smoothes you out and offers you comfort, stretchy, comfortable and lightweight to wear.
- 🔥Sexy Curves: Ruffle waist with pleats & rhinestone spice up your whole look, slimming cloaked midi dress with sleeves; full figure minis for curvy ladies, perfectly dressing up with fashion jewelry and sexy accessories.
- plus size dress for women floral maxi dress dress with sleeves plus size summer dresses for women red dresses for women mint green dress for women travel dress maxi dress for women summer 2023 beach dresses for women long summer dress for women plus size sun dress womens boho dresses sequin dress for women white summer dresses for women 2023 women maxi dress cream dress for women cocktail dresses for women evening party flower dress denim shirt dress
- summer off the shoulder dresses for women formal dress knit midi dress flowy white dress floral wrap dress formal dresses for women day dresses for women summer 90s dress for women women plus size dress black dress white midi dresses short sleeve midi dress pink sundresses for women white dress women long maxi dresses long floral dresses for women cute sundress long sleeve dress for women white summer dresses sky blue dress for women rose gold bridesmaid
- 【Material】100% Polyester. High Quality Chiffon, Soft Layer Lining Add On The Body To Avoid See-Through, Nonelastic, Comfortable Fabrics, Lightweight, Breathable, Skin-Friendly.
- 【Features】Flowy Ruffle Hemline, Pleated High Waisted, Butterfly Sleeve, V Neck, Swiss Dot Design, Vibrant Pattern And Design Helps To Hide Any Particular Below The Waist Body Flaws You May Be Trying To Disguise, Like Tummy Or Belly Fat. Better Show Sensuality And Beauty Of Women.
- 【Quality Fabric】Our causal dresses are made of 95% polyester and 5% spandex. The soft and comfortable fabric is breathable and thick enough to avoid seeing through with lightweight. Multiple prints with beautiful colors are solid and bring excellent value for money. What you see is what you get.
- 【Suitable Size Choices】This vibrant dress never runs big because we put on a high waistband as a gift. Tie the string into a bow or knot, then the dress will fit you well without any extra waiting. Our maxi dress caters to most curves and fluffiness. With multiple sizes, it’s easy to select the most suitable size for yourself. It’s also suggested to measure your body size such as bust, waist, sleeve and hem length for a more exact choice. Please read the size chart before placing an order.
Detailed Reviews: 30 Best Dresses For Plus Size Women
A beautiful dress that you’ll never be able to give the cold shoulder to. Made out of 100% Polyester, it’s soft, stretchy and moist-wicking enough for you to be comfy in it. You can only hand wash or dry clean these, so it might not be the best choice for busy women. It’s available in 30 different colors, and it has many sizes for larger women. Looking casual, it’s suitable for daily wear or a summer party. This dress might not be ideal for people whose skin hates synthetic fabric.
With 35 choices, including solid-colored options to options with printed arts, you can purchase different options for different occasions. It can be worn daily, or to work and parties. It’s breathable and stretchy, making it comfy for you to wear all day. Its material is quite durable as it can stand machine wash. It can be a bit see through. Simple, yet stylish, every woman should have an item like this in their wardrobe.
Here’s another cute dress on the list of the best dresses for plus size women. A skater dress with lacy mesh panels and a keyhole. It sure offers the key to open your heart (and maybe your pocket). Made from cotton and spandex, it’s soft and natural, but stretchy and moist-wicking, which can be comfortable to wear for a long time. It can flatter larger figures very well. Just so you know, we have to hand wash it. It looks pretty and can be worn for many occasions, from daily wear to wedding parties. The small downside is the arm. It can be small, so if you have bigger arms, you may need to consider carefully.
Made from 100% polyester, this dress is soft, stretchy and flexible. You can easily dress up or dress down with it. There are 26 color choices, including ones with printed florals. There are many sizes for plus size people. It’s very versatile, you can wear it for everyday wear, casual events, office work or even parties if you know how to mix and match. It has pockets for you to put tiny stuff in, but we wouldn’t recommend you put anything in as it may change the shape of the dress. Gorgeous and comfy, a great maxi option in the range of the best dresses for plus size.
This dress from Kilolone can be a retro and classy option to add to your collection of the best dresses for plus size. The cut and the design can really camouflage your belly and lower area of your body, making you look slimmer and more attractive. This one can be used for many occasions. You can pair it with suitable accessories such as a belt, clutch or shoes for each situation. It’s very versatile. However, this type of dress can get wrinkled.
Available in 14 colors and many sizes, these dresses are stunning choices for an evening party or a special occasion. With double V-Neck, ruffled sleeves and empire waist, this dress makes you look feminine and flowy like the ocean waves. It’s lightweight and padded enough if you don’t want to wear a bra. For size 18 to 26, you can choose between padded and no-padded options. These dresses are extremely suitable for weddings. Ever-Pretty makes the best dresses for weddings!
Another cutie in our list of the best dresses for plus size. Coming in 34 color options and a wide size range, this is definitely a steal. Solid-colored options are made from rayon and spandex. Options with floral prints are made out of polyester and spandex. You need to wash these by hand. An A-line that should be in the wardrobe of every plus sized woman. It’s soft and stretchy. It drapes your lower part beautifully, hiding all the bulges and bumps. It’s so comfy you can sleep in it. The sleeves can be a bit tight if you have bigger arms.
This A-line, fit and flare dress is really suitable for casual parties and daily wear. The material feels comfy and flowy, and it is not see through. The pockets are deep. The dye from the dress may ruin the white collar. The dress is beautiful, simple, and classy. You can always dress it up with a pair of high heels or flats, a nice slim belt, or simple accessories. The size chart can be confusing, some people actually have to size down to get the perfect fit.
A vintage, retro pencil dress that makes you look as sharp as a pencil. There are many options, including different types of sleeves, color patterns and necklines. Made from polyester, cotton and spandex, it’s comfy and stretchy enough to wear to work or church. You can wash it by hand or with gentle wash in the machine, but we recommend hand wash to maintain its quality. The material is quite thick, so if you’re hot natured, you might not like it.
Casual, lightweight and loose, this dress is perfect for daily wear, groceries shopping or friends get-together. Made out of cotton and linen, it’s definitely natural and comfortable for your skin. All of the color choices are basic and neutral, and you can match these dresses with different accessories easily. Dry clean is recommended, this material can’t endure washing machines and dryers. Because it is made from linen, it can get wrinkled easily. But it’s comfy and it hides all the places you want. One of the best dresses for plus size.
A cute A-line midi dress for many occasions. Made from polyester and spandex, it’s moist-wicking and stretchy, yet comfy and soft. It’s a bit thin, so it can be seen through. There are some color choices and you can choose long sleeves or short sleeves, too. You can only hand wash it to keep its quality.
The color, pattern and sleeve options are great, making these dresses one of the best dresses for plus size people. The deep V-neckline creates a sexy look and makes your face look slimmer. The fabric is soft and stretchy. These dresses make perfect outfits for parties and big events and roles such as weddings or bridesmaids. For work, they might be too revealing, but if you want, you can wear an undershirt inside. There’s no shrinking or fading after the wash. Very cute and sexy dress.
These casual dresses from Nemidor come in 11 options, including solid colors and printed florals. They’re loose and comfy. You can wear them all day without feeling annoyed. The ruffled sleeves are cute and dressy. However, the material can be a bit thin, making the dress a see through. If you have a bigger belly, these dresses can show your bulges.
One of the most stunning, best dresses for plus size women who want a gorgeous look for a party night. Many women have actually chosen this dress to be their wedding dress, so you can figure out how fabulous it looks. The back is revealing, so you need an appropriate bra for this. The overall quality is great. If you’re looking for a wedding dress, bridesmaid dress or a fabulous gown, this is it. It has some other color options, all of which look great.
Stylish yet affordable, this dress from Ever-Pretty is comfy and pleasant to put on. It’s lightweight and compliments your body well. There are eight colors available, all of which look adorable. The length is great, and it touches the floor. It's cute and fits nicely. It’s flowy and charming, making you look like a princess. However, It's a bit see through on the tummy and hip area. You deserve this plus size bridesmaid dress for casual or semi-formal occasions like evening parties or weddings. It’s very revealing, which is great for sexy nights out, too.
This dress comes in 18 color choices, and of course, sizes for plus size women. The material is rayon and spandex, which is soft and stretchy and moisture wicking. It feels soft and light, but not cheap or thin. It can be washed in the machine or by hand. It actually gives you a flowy look. You can always dress it up with accessories and shoes. It has pockets, which is convenient for some people. The sleeve fits just right, not too tight, not too loose. The neckline is curved enough not to show your cleavage. It covers all the bulges and bumps.
There’s no doubt that Ever-Pretty has made some of the best dresses for plus size out there. The colors are, as usual, stunning and pretty. This dress is made from polyester chiffon, making it elastic enough to hug your figure comfortably while comfy enough to move around. The off shoulder neckline is sexy and charming. The material is not see through. This dress can be dressed up or dressed down easily with the appropriate accessories. You can wear it to evening parties, or weddings, or ceremonies.
Made from rayon and spandex, this dress from Auselily is super soft, stretchy and lightweight. There are 22 options for floral prints and solid colors, which is great for many situations. There’s elastic in the waist to fit you better, but it’s not too tight to reveal all your bulges and bumps. It has pockets if you want something convenient. Comfy, flowy and pretty, it’s great for curvy girls.
This simple dress from Poseshe is made from 95% Rayon and 5% Spandex. The fabric is soft and stretchy, which makes it lightweight and ideal for summer or hot days. Because the material is thin, it’s see through. It’s heavy enough so you don’t worry about it flying up. The downside of this dress is if you have a big belly and hips, it will hug and reveal them all. This dress might be more suitable for those who are just top heavy. The neckline of the dress stretches when you move your arms, and some people might not like this.
This dress from Ever-Pretty has a pretty figure flattering empire waistline. The elastic in the back makes it fit comfortably for wearing all day. The thigh slit allows the dress to flow and spin with you on the dance floor, which is perfect for dance nights. The off shoulder neckline is made out of elastic to hug your body and it’s not too tight so you can easily move your arms. You can wear it in 4 styles: off the shoulder, with shoulder, one shoulder and strapless, depending on your personal preferences. If you have a waist that is smaller than the hip, you might need to consider ordering 1 size down.
This dress comes in 20 color and printed options. Solid colors are made from rayon and spandex, and floral prints are made from polyester and spandex. All of them are soft and stretchy for casual and formal wear. The sleeves aren’t too long. It has pockets that can fit your wallet and phone. It leaves room for your belly, which is great for plus size people. There’s a slight chemical smell that comes with this dress that may need a few washes to go away.
These are some good dresses for spring and summer. The white color is a little bit see through, so you need light colored or nude underwear. The pure white dress is a little heavier than the other colors. They’re cute, and airy. The fabric is lightweight, soft, and flowy. It has pockets, which is convenient. If you have larger chest, these dresses will fit you nicely.
This dress from Pastel by Vivienne comes with many solid color choices and sizes. It's comfortable enough to wear for a long time. The fabric is very soft, and drapes very beautifully without being too clingy. The sleeves are a bit tight. It does lack shape though. If you want something for ultimate comfort and coverage, this is it. And you can always dress up with some accessories.
With 45 options, including solid colors and printed florals, you might have a headache to make a decision on which one to buy. Solid color choices are made from cotton and spandex, while Floral ones are made from polyester and spandex. The cotton is a bit stiff, but not much. There was a cinching at the waist, so the waist fits well. The fabric is wonderful. It’s lightweight and stretchy enough. Classy and timeless. Don’t forget to make sure that you're buying straight from Grace Karin store, not from other sellers.
This dress is very nice. The material is thick, and not flimsy. It's stretchy and drapes well. It is slightly see through so you’ll need a slip or nude underwear. The dress is tight, especially at the top, so it might not suit large chested people. The pockets stick out in a weird way, but not much of a problem.
This is a really versatile, and pretty dress. The top is roomy but not baggy. The fabric is soft and stretchy, so you won’t feel tight. The fabric quality is decent, not cheap or cheesy. It has pockets, which many women like. This is perfect for a quick trip to the grocery stores or a vacation.
This is a really pretty dress, made of 95% rayon 5% spandex. It’s comfortable and soft, but a bit clingy due to the materials. The dress fits well. The underarms are cut very high, which might cut into your armpit just trying the dress on. The shoulder straps are wide enough that your bra straps won’t be revealed.
This dress from Bishuige has a very stretchy fabric. It's pretty heavy and thin. The fabric feels cool against the skin, which is great. The sleeves are long enough and the neckline is somewhere between a crew neck & scoop neck. This dress wrinkles a lot, so if you don’t want wrinkle trouble, this might not be for you.
This dress from R&M Richards is available in 5 colors and many sizes for plus size women. The fabric is quite heavy and stretchy, and it drapes nicely. This is promoted to be for mothers of the bride and groom dress, but it’s actually versatile and can be used for daily wear or other kinds of events, too. It’s classy and comfortable to be worn for a long time.
Designed in Sweden, this dress somehow reflects the Scandinavian lifestyle and design aesthetic. It’s made of luxurious soft cotton fabric. It helps flatter your figure and is true to size, so you don’t have to size up or down. It has 5 pretty colors and sizes for big women.
How to choose the best dresses for plus size women
Looking fabulous, chic and stylish means dressing for your body shape and drawing attention to areas that make you feel confident. In this guide, we’ll help you find the best dresses for plus size, the ones that fit your body types and purposes, yet still make you feel confident.
Principles For Choosing The Best Dresses For Plus Size
Drawing attention to the smallest place of your body. Find a dress that creates a waist below the bust line. Use accessories such as a belt. If you have a nice waist, try to emphasize it. If you don’t, use accessories or a dress that cinch the smallest area of your body.
The lower part of your dress should flare and flow out from your waist to create a nice silhouette. It helps hide your belly area and large hips.
Emphasize your figure. Just because you are plus size doesn’t mean you can’t show off your curves. Yes, you can. What you need is to emphasize the good parts and de-emphasize the parts you don’t want people to pay attention to. Dresses that have open necklines help show off the bust lines and neck. V neck and scoop neck are great necklines for curvy women.
Here are some tips and the dos and don'ts when it comes to styling for curvy bodies:
There are a variety of different styles for plus size dresses. Each emphasizes or de-emphasizes parts of your figure. Here, we’ll talk about the most common dress types and help you determine which one suits your body type. Let’s help you find the best dresses for your body type!
A-line dress is great for women of all body shapes. It creates the impression of an hourglass shape. It has a classic design, with fitted top part, and the lower part flares out at the waist like the letter A. Curvy ladies should choose A-line dresses made out of stiffer materials such as rayon or cotton instead of soft, clingy fabrics like satin or silk. Sturdier fabrics help keep the dress shape, whereas flowy fabrics expose your imperfections too much.
Pintuck dresses have become one of the trends recently. It is actually a modified A-line dress style that has a flowy skirt, creating a flirtier look.
Empire dresses suit women with rectangle and triangle body shapes because they draw attention to the area below the bust. They stay just below the bust instead of the waistline, and a skirt which is long and loosely fitting, but drapes the lower body, giving an elegant appearance.
These dresses gather just beneath the bust instead of at your natural waistline, emphasizing your upper body rather than your lower body. This dress style is suitable for women with oval, rectangle or triangle body types, as it draws attention upward while draping nicely over areas below the bust.
- Wrap (or faux wrap)
Wrap dresses are very suitable for bigger women because they are adjustable to any body shape and they taper the curves very well.
Peplum dresses suit rectangle and oval body types because they make the waist look smaller, balancing out the waist and the body. They often have a piece of fabric being gathered together so that flares out and creates a ruffle.
Just like the name, straight dresses are straight. They don’t have any waistline and fall comfortably straight from the shoulders. They suit women with rectangle and apple body types, whose shoulders are as wide as their waists. They look casual, yet chic.
With proper consideration and choosing, Maxi dresses can be very attractive for a plus size girl. Open neckline can help the dress look longer. Maintain a defined waist and have a side split so you don’t look bulky.
Corset dresses emphasize your figure and are good for all body types. They are worn to hold the torso in shape with aesthetic and medical purposes. They support the breasts and push up the bust. They often have lace details.
- Shark bite hem
Shark bite hem dresses creates an asymmetrical hemline. They flatter plus size women’s bodies because it creates a diagonal, asymmetrical shape, so the woman looks less big.
Off-the-shoulder dresses balance out narrow shoulders and hips, making them great for women with rectangle body types. They are used to show off the decolletage. There’s often a piece of fabric wrapped around the upper top, adding weight to the upper body. Women with rectangle body shape can also look for off-the-shoulder dress with A-line silhouette.
Con dresses are super tight. They tuck the body well and therefore create a revealing and attractive look.
Besides dress silhouettes, you also have to consider your dress colors and the occasions for the dress.
Darker shades help create an illusion that parts of your body are slimmer. Neutral, basic colors such as black and white also match with any types of skin. However, as a plus size woman, you don’t have to wear black and dark colors all day and all year long. Brighter colors can be brought to your wardrobe, too.
Light and dark colors can be mixed to emphasize and de-emphasize certain areas on your body. You can put on a slim purple belt over a yellow A-line dress. The slim and dark belt helps the waist look smaller.
Some occasions require you to dress casually. Some require you to dress up. Empire dresses can be great for beach trips because they look as relaxing and flowy as the ocean. But most of the time, they are not for formal workplace. A peplum or an A-line dress would be more appropriate.
Conclusion: Our Top Picks
Shopping for the best dresses for plus size can be intimidating at first. But you shouldn’t shy away from dresses. Dresses aren’t just for thinner women. In fact, they can emphasize your curves and make you feel attractive more than ever.
To make the process of picking the best dresses for plus size easier for you, we’ve come up with a list of 3 dresses that we love most:
Best Dress for Work
No products found.
Best Dress for Daily Wear
No products found.
Best Dress For Special Occasions
No products found.
We hope you enjoy this article and find it useful. What do you think about these dresses? Share your thoughts with us in the comment section below.