Choosing the best plus size nursing bras has always been difficult for women with curvy figures. Despite the wide variety of nursing bras available on the market, it’s still hard to find good ones. You can’t find the right size, and even if you can, the cups are too tight. You continue looking for bigger size options, and it turns out they’re not supportive enough, causing you back pain.
If you’re a brand-new mother and you’re exhausted because you can’t find the best plus size nursing bras, we’re here to help. In this post from Premme, we’ll review 30 plus size nursing bras and guide you to choose the best option for yourself.
quick comparison: Best Plus Size Nursing Bras
Best Plus Size Nursing Bra Pack
Best Wireless Plus Size Nursing Bra
Best Underwired Plus Size Nursing Bra
** Below, you will find our detailed reviews of the Best Plus Size Nursing Bras, but you can also click these following links to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
- Hands Free Pumping Bra (Patent Protected Design) – Momcozy Nursing and Pumping Bra can be used for breast feeding, pumping or both together. A perfect choice for working moms.
- The ‘X’ Structure and Adjustable Shoulder Straps – It is designed to hold bottles and shield in place securely and comfortably. The adjustable shoulder straps provide more adjustment, also you can cross the back straps.
- Package Including:3PCS Bras+3PCS bras clips+ 3PCS matching bra extenders to ensure maximum comfort
- One-hand Access, Adjustable Shoulder Straps, Hook & Eye Closure.Easy drop cups for convenient feeding
- No underwire and cups that drop fully away from the breast.One-hand Access, Adjustable Shoulder Straps, Hook & Eye Closure.Easy drop cups for convenient feeding, Easy to use and discrete nursing clips.
- DUAL NURSING & PUMPING || Patented dual function clasp for nursing & hands-free pumping. Attach the Comfort Halter (included for optional use) to each cup of the bra to maintain suction and optimal performance of your pump as bottles fill to the brim. Supports single and double pumping or tandem breastfeeding and pumping.
- EASY ONE HAND CLASP || No need to fuss with undoing multiple clasps to breastfeed! With one hand, easily undo the upper portion of dual function clasp to open the cup for full skin to skin nursing. Undo the lower portion of the clasp for access to the hidden, inner pump support liner. Compatible with all major breast pump brands including Medela, Spectra, Freemie, Elvie, Willow, Baby Buddha, Lansinoh and more…
- BREASTFEEDING MADE EASY FOR MOMS: Front, fully adjustable straps with Quickstrap clips for ease of nursing
- FLEXES TO FIT AS MOMS BODY CHANGES: Simplified ComfortFlex Fit wirefree comfort breastfeeding bra that flexes to fit and adjusts as her body changes, fitting XS-3X (32B-46DD)
- SUITABLE FOR MOTHER AND BABY:Our design ideas are all for mom and baby,most important for pregnancy or nursing is comfortable and convenience,Suekaphin nursing bra features wireless cup,adjustable straps,removable padding,one-step feeding clasp.We offered multiple colored bras in different group for choosing,include color matched extenders,no need to purchase any more accessories,all you need are in pack.V Neck,low cut desing suit to more kinds of dress.
- DESIGN BOTH FOR PREGNANT AND NURSING: Suekaphin nursing bra features,WIRELESS design makes the bra very soft,the elastic fabric give enough supporting to breast,it will keep the shape after washing, REMOVABLE PADDING,easier to wash the padding,you also can remove it to wear as your habit.ONE-STEP FEEDING CLASP you can take off the cup separately by one step and one hand,the breastfeeding get easier and no awkward.The widen side band will conceal armpit fat,and keep close fit.
- SUITABLE FOR MOTHER AND BABY: Our design ideas are all for mom and baby,most important for pregnancy or nursing is comfortable and convenience,not only at wearing experience but also at shopping and service process.Suekaphin nursing bra features wireless cup,adjustable straps,removable padding,one-step feeding clasp.We offered multiple colored bras in different group for choosing,include color matched extenders,no need to purchase any more accessories,all you need are in pack.
- DESIGN BOTH FOR PREGNANT AND NURSING: Our nursing bra features,WIRELESS design makes the bra very soft,it don’t stress your rib,the elastic fabric give enough supporting to breast,it will keep the shape after washing, REMOVABLE PADDING,easier to wash the padding,you also can remove it to wear as your habit.ONE-STEP FEEDING CLASP you can take off the cup separately by one step and one hand,the breastfeeding get easier and no awkward.The widen side band will conceal armpit fat,and keep close fit.
- Soft and wireless, these nursing bras provide you with the comfort and support you need throughout your pregnancy and beyond. This is the perfect bra to wear both while pregnant or after for nursing
- The adjustable strap and clip down nursing feature offers comfort, ease and convenience for the breastfeeding mother
- Comfortable maternity bras for pregnancy.
- Adjustable Shoulder Straps, Easy One-hand Access for nursing. The Hook & Eye closure design makes it convenient for feeding.
- Premium Lycra spandex: 3-in-1 Nursing/ Maternity/ Seep bras made from nylon and Lycra spandex, the ultra-elastic Lycra greatly enhances the softness and comfort of the Sleep Bra, it also makes this women’s bra less pilling and more breathable.
- Perfect Performance: Using the most advanced textile technology from Santa Antoni Italy and slimmmer yarn,we are confident that this sleep bra will be lighter ,thinner and more elastic compared with products of the same on the market (It is 30 % thinner & 45% more elastic than previous generation of HOFISH
Short-listed Reviews: Top 30 Best Plus Size Nursing Bras
The ultrasoft cotton material has made this plus size nursing bras from Bravado comfy than ever for breastfeeding mom. The special thing about these bras is they have full drop-away bra cups, which makes breastfeeding easier and more convenient for moms. Bravado has produced full cup nursing bras for sizes DD/E to G, which provides the perfect amount of support. They have a size chart for you, so make sure that you choose the right size for yourself. The con of these bras is their materials are quite thin, so you may see the nursing pads if you wear a thin top. Therefore, these bras can be extremely comfy to wear at home rather than outside. That’s why we add them to the list of best plus size nursing bras.
Available in a variety of colors, this bra has a seamless, comfy design that can support moms all day long. Its ability to cover is good, the amount of support is not that great, but the level of comfort is excellent. It has adjustable straps and clip down feature, which is handy for breastfeeding moms. The bra pads are removable, which some may love, but they can move around a lot or can be turned upside down if you wash it.
The top cup of this bra is made with lace, giving the bra a delicate rounded shape. The nursing clasp is easy release and fasten, which is definitely convenient for breastfeeding moms. It has an underwire, which many women love. But you should be careful when choosing bras with underwires because they may affect your milk production. The ability to support of the straps is so good, and the straps can be a nice place for your baby to hold on to when breastfeeding. The band is not very sturdy, as it runs large not long after using. However, this one is so comfortable that it can be one of the best plus size nursing bras available out there.
This bra is comfortable while having a nice level of support. The band at the bottom is thick, but this bra doesn’t have a back hook. This one does look like a sports bra, and is aimed at active women, but it’s still more suitable for wearing at home. The level of support is not strong enough for you to be confident to go outside. The full down cup can be pulled down easily with one hand, which is perfect for breastfeeding. This bra is available in many sizes and color choices, so you may want to be careful when choosing the right size for yourself.
Another one in the list of best plus size nursing bras is these bras from Daisity. The silky soft material of this bra has made it extremely comfortable to wear, which is nice for everyday wear and quick run outside. It also has one hand nursing clasp function for easy breastfeeding. The straps are adjustable and the pads are removable. The pads can move around a little bit, of course, but it won’t be much of a problem. The ability to support is nice, and it’s definitely worth the cost. However, the stitching quality is not very consistent, which results in it being scratchy. If you have sensitive skin, you may need to think twice before purchasing this.
The material of this bra is renewable bamboo and it’s super soft. It has all the features necessary for a nursing bra: drop-down cups, removable pads, one-hand clasps. But it’s the unique feature that makes it stand out: it has an adjustable keyhole back and a bra extender, so you can extend your bra to suit your body and needs. However, this bra doesn’t seem to last long, as the elastic bands are easy to wear out. The support is not too much, so we recommend you only wear it for low impact activity.
This plus size nursing bra is super comfortable and will chase your back pain away. The wide shoulder bands help enhance the level of support. However, there are no clasps so you can remove the cups to breastfeed your baby. I would say this one is good for sleeping at night, rather than during the daytime when you have to feed your new-born. It’s still one of the best plus size nursing bras available. This bra comes in packs, so if you want to save some money, you can opt for them.
With a charming design, and butter-soft material, this nursing tank top bra will make you feel comfortable and sexy at the same time. Adjustable elastic straps with drop-down cups make it easier for breastfeeding. The loose waistline is perfect for hiding the stomach area. This one is definitely great for a variety of purposes: sleeping, staying at home, going outside. There are no pads so you need a cardigan or a sweater if you want to wear this bra outside. If you’re struggling with new motherhood and want something to gain your confidence and mood, maybe try this one. Who says breastfeeding moms can’t be sexy?
This is another comfy, soft bra in the list of best plus size nursing bras for moms. The pads are easily removable and the clasps are easy to release and fasten. The pads can move around a bit when in the wash, but their ability to stay in place is actually quite good. The level of support is not very high, so you won’t feel comfortable wearing it in public. We would say this one is a basic option for those who want an affordable and comfortable nursing bra to wear at home.
This one is a premium nursing bra, made with excellent attention to detail. Strong structure provides a high level of support even though it doesn’t have an underwire. It can make your breasts look pointy, but it will soften and fit to your natural shape as you use it. It comes with 2 color options and both look great with the lace detail. This is a rare full-coverage bra that won’t make you feel humongous, and still beautiful.
If you’re looking for the best plus size nursing bras with an affordable price, these bras from Hofish are great choices. They do come in packs if you want to buy in bulk.The colors are pretty, the feel is soft, the bands are thick and the drop cups are convenient. However, the clasps might not be of the highest quality and they might be a little hard to release and fasten. These Hofish nursing bras can’t support you very well, so they may only suit for wearing at home.
These Lamaze Intimates are good choices for mothers looking for a budget-friendly sleeping nursing bra. The material is a little bit thick, but still comfy enough. It does keep your breasts in place, but there’s no support. The craftsmanship isn’t of high quality, but it’s reasonable at that price. These are simply very cheap options for sleeping moms.
This is another nursing bra perfect for sleeping. It has a wide shoulder band which makes it so comfy for mothers to sleep. There areF no clasps to release for breastfeeding, but the fabric is soft enough, so the cups are easy to pull down. But we wouldn’t recommend you use this bra when breastfeeding. This is a budget option from Lamaze, so the quality, of course, is not the highest. The frayed stitch and the exposed elastic can be turn-offs.
This is a beautifully designed plus size nursing bra with underwire, which helps keep your girls in place and prevent them from sagging after breastfeeding. The fabric is soft, the cup lining uses sueding process, creating a comfortable place for your breasts to relax and rest. It actually looks like a basic bra, and it’s inexpensive. But you should be careful when purchasing a bra with underwire because it can result in clogged milk.
Made from soft material, this is a cute and comfy bra for nursing moms. The straps are adjustable and can be released for breastfeeding. The straps can be itchy and scratchy for some people. This one doesn’t have a lot of support and although its name has the words “push up”, it doesn’t. GXXGE offers a refund/replace policy if you’re not satisfied with the quality product.
The special feature of this nursing bra from Hawiton is that it opens in the front, which is quite convenient for wearing and unclipping the bra for breastfeeding. But this feature makes the cup hang and poke your baby in the face if you don’t find a way to fold the cup. There’s a bra extender included, so you can adjust the bra according to your needs.
This bra’s material is soft and stretchy, which is comfy enough for both nursing and sleeping. The straps are wide and you don’t get scrubbed or itchy by the straps. The straps can be unclasped with one hand for breastfeeding.The pads inside the bra move around and may be a bit annoying. These bras are available in many colors and sizes, so you have a lot of options to choose from.
These plus size nursing bras from OLCHEE are guaranteed to be safe for pregnant women and eco-friendly because they don’t have any formaldehyde or azo dyes. If you’re breastfeeding and concerned about the chemical substances in your clothes, these bras are good options. They come in different colors with pretty lace details and in many different sizes. They have deep-U designs, which is suitable for mothers who want to feel sexy and charming even while breastfeeding. However, the materials of these bras aren’t very sturdy, they quickly wear out after a few weeks.
Here’s another item in the collection of the best plus size nursing bras. This beautifully-designed bra is quite supportive, even though it doesn’t have underwire. It’s made from soft cotton material and it’s nicely stitched. There are no pads and wires. Basic and easy to use. There are only 2 color options: black and white, so you don’t have to think a lot. But it still has a wide range of sizes.
Made from thick and nice materials, these bras are comfy enough for nursing and sleeping. They have the right level of support for your girls, and they provide decent coverage. The pads coming with these bras are huge, but they are removable, so it’s up to you whether to use them or not. They come with an extender and you can adjust your bra. If you have very sensitive skin, you may feel itchy. But overall, this bra is great in the budget-friendly range.
JOYCLEON claims that their bras don’t contain any harmful substances, which is safe for humans, especially mothers and babies. These bras are produced with great technology. The texture of LYCRA fiber makes it extremely comfy and easy to use. You can open up the clasp with one hand easily and feed your little one right away. It provides full coverage, stretchy straps and foam inserts, adding more support to your breasts. There’s a special 60-day money back guarantee and lifetime warranty from the brand, which we think is a great plus. It deserves to be one of the best plus size nursing bras on the market.
The material quality of this MIRITY bra is beyond the price. Made from ultra-soft organic cotton, this bra makes it easy to pull the cup aside for breastfeeding. There’s no plastic clasps or scratchy elastic bands making you annoyed. The fabric is so soft that it doesn’t provide much support, so this bra is suitable for staying at home, breastfeeding and sleeping, instead of going outside. But the amount of support is decent for large busted women. The bottom band is quite loose, which is quite annoying if you have breasts that may stick out at the bottom.
There’re wrapped underwires to help lift and secure your breasts in place, but as we mentioned above, be cautious when using nursing bras with underwires. This Playtex bra looks good under clothing and barely shows through, which is a must for many large women. The pads are soft and thin enough to absorb milk leak, preventing it from wetting your shirt. They stay in place, too. Some women find the cups of this bra are small for them, so you might want to consider the size carefully.
These iloveSIA bra packs have everything you need from the best plus size nursing bras: wirefree, seamless, stretchy, super soft fabric, one-hand drop down cup, nice level of support. They come in packs of 3 and have a big size chart. The price can’t be beat and the quality exceeds the price. They seem to be durable enough to last through the breastfeeding phase. The minor downside is the padding of these bras. These plus size nursing bras don’t seem to stay in place well. And if you remove the pads, there will be “holes” between the bra and your breasts.
Playtex claims that their bras flex to fit as your size changes. The size of these bras is large. Bra material is soft and comfortable enough for a nursing bra. The level of support is not very high, so this one is meant for wearing indoors. At an affordable price, there might be some downsides such as feeling itchy, scratchy because of the straps, or the craftsmanship is not of high quality.
These bras are meant for women with very large breasts. The pads are big and they don’t create strange shapes. They’re not very supportive to wear outdoors, but they provide decent amount of support and coverage. This nursing bra is wireless, but it’s stretchy and secure enough for you to feel comfy wearing it. One small con of this bra is that the band may fold under your breasts. Overall, this might be the perfect choice for those who are struggling to find large-sized nursing bras.
Soft, wireless and light, this plus size nursing bra from Motherhood provides enough comfort, coverage and support for those in their new motherhood. They seem to hold up well after lots of washes, so if you’re looking for a durable option, this might be it. Be careful when choosing your size though, as many people complain about “uniboob” problems or the bra being small.
These plus size nursing bras have a wide range of sizes for you to choose. The sizing chart might be a bit confusing, but you should take some time to figure out the perfect size for your body. The design is feminine and provides enough support, lift and coverage. The padded straps are so soft on the shoulder and the front clasp makes it easy to wear. This bra has underwire, and it’s likely to break through after a few months of use, so again, I recommend you be careful with it.
This bra provides great support and coverage even though it doesn’t have a wire. It’s durable, reliable and well-made. Its band stays in place well, which is a huge plus. This bra works well for those having large breasts and are constantly afraid of their breasts popping out of the bra band. The only downside is the torpedo shape, making it a little bit less appealing.
This bra comes in a nice range of colors and sizes, so you have lots of decisions to make. Wide straps combined with elegant lace details make this bra so attractive. Made from soft, stretchy fabric, it’s nice for sleep and nursing. It’s wireless, but still supportive well, which is rare for a bra like this. There’s a seam under the bust which can show through if you wear thin shirts, but it wouldn’t be a big problem. This bra is like heaven for big breasts, comfy but still aesthetic.
The Definitive Guide: How To Choose The Best Plus Size Nursing Bras?
Here are some factors you should consider when choosing your new plus size nursing bra:
Timing and Growth
When should you buy nursing bras? Many mothers choose to buy them when they get to their third trimester because the size of their breasts are more likely to fit their new nursing bras. Many wait until the milk comes in.
If you’re eager and want to purchase some earlier, make sure to choose bras with stretchy materials so that you feel comfy enough. If you only buy a bra that fits your smaller breasts, when they grow bigger, you might realize that you’ve wasted your money for nothing.
Many bras come with a strap extender, which is really convenient if your breasts grow bigger. You don’t have to buy a whole new bra, and when your breasts become smaller, you can remove the extender. Big saving! There are many options like this available on the market.
The Level Of Support
As your breasts grow bigger and become the milk container, they might get heavier than before. A good nursing bra will give you the amount of support you need and you can feel confident moving around. You don’t want to go outside and feel “bumpy” all the time. You want something lightweight, soft, but are still supportive enough. If the bra is too loose, your breasts may stick out anywhere and anytime, which is annoying. If the bra is too tight, you may feel uncomfortable. So check the size chart carefully and check if the bra has the amount of support that you need.
Wouldn’t hurt to add, people may say every runner should try minimal shoes for once, but I don’t recommend it unless you’re in great body form. While minimal shoes form has a ton of advantages for taking short, quick strides, leaning slightly forward or landing on the ball of your foot,... most runners find it interesting to try but in the long run, they think it requires a lot of practicing and thoughtful running to master the skills or else you are more likely to be discomforted or even get injured. For heavier runners who normally land with more force and impact, running in a minimal shoe with bad form would intensify the chance of getting injured. So I would rather choose shoes that work best for me than take the risks.
Underwire Or Wireless
Bras with underwire provide greater lift and support, but they can cause clogged milk problems. You may need to talk to a lactation consultant or choose very carefully before using these bras. If you really need one, find options with bamboo wires because they are flexible. They won’t hurt you like traditional wires and you can easily adjust your cups for breastfeeding.
Wireless nursing bras are comfy, soft and are more suitable for sleep, nursing or staying at home. There are still wireless bras with great support, but you have to dig around a little bit to find one that fits you well.
Imagine your baby is crying for milk and you’re so confused that you don’t know how to open your bras. This is the last thing you want on earth. That’s why nursing bras often include features like unclasping bra straps with one hand or unsnap the front cup of your bra from the front center. Bras without clasped straps are often soft and have V-shape, which you can pull the strap aside for breastfeeding. Check if the clasps are easy to unsnap or not, or if they are made from scratchy materials. Check if the cups can be folded after unclasping, or else they may poke your baby in the face. Those are the little things that can annoy you so much when wearing a bra.
In the nursing phase, your breasts, especially your nipples, are often sore and uncomfortable. It’s even worse for people with sensitive skin. That’s why you need to choose bras with comfy, soft, smooth fabric. I recommend you look for cotton options. Cotton is a soft, natural material and it has moist-wicking feature, which helps you feel cool and pleasant. If you have sensitive skin, stay away from ill-made bras with synthetic materials. They may make you feel scratchy and itchy.
Nursing bras have different styles and each gives you distinct benefits. Do you want a sports nursing bra for light exercises, or a sexy one with lace trims to give you a confidence boost? Do you want something that gives you a lift with an underwire, or something comfy like a bralette. According to your needs and preferences, you can consider some more options that can make you feel better and serve you better.
You should search for bras that can keep their quality after washes. Some can only be hand-washed, so make sure that you read the product description carefully before buying. If you’re not a big fan of hand washing, look for options that allow you to wash them with a washing machine.
You don’t want your bras to wear out and lose their shape after just a few times in the washing machine. You can wash them in a laundry bag, or hand wash them to maintain their quality.
Most of the bras I mention in the list are budget-friendly. You don’t have to get bankrupted for a nursing bra. You can easily find one at an affordable price. Of course, bras with bigger sizes and are more delicately designed are more costly. If you want something of higher quality, it’s really your choice. You can also browse for good, cheap bra packs to save more money.
Conclusion: My Top Pick
These days, plus size nursing bras have become so diverse. You don’t have to worry about not having enough options. That’s why you should be careful when choosing a nursing bra, depending on your needs and body shape.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding can be difficult for moms. It’s important to surround yourself with kind and helpful people. It’s even more important to surround yourself with useful resources. That’s why we’re here to give you the information and suggestions which help you decide the best nursing bra for you.
Here are my top 3 picks:
Best Plus Size Nursing Bra Pack
- The Daisity Maternity Seamless Nursing Bra with Removable Pads helps you to feed your baby with less effort. It has adjustable straps for getting the fit just right. It has removable pads that help prevent leaks from showing through.
- This adjustable nursing bra is made from a blend of cotton and spandex to be strong and soft and to give a stretchy fit. The seamless design helps to prevent irritation. An inner cup sling delivers added support when your breast is out.
Best Wireless Plus Size Nursing Bra
- Front crossover design cups for easy breastfeeding and pumping
- Unlined cup offer comfort shape for mommy's everyday wearing
Best Underwired Plus Size Nursing Bra
- Top cup is constructed from a powerful stretch lace to give a beautifully rounded shape and comfortable fit along with a lower underarm for ease of access
- Full circle internal foam sling for support while nursing
Have you found the best plus size nursing bras for yourself after this post? Do you have any suggestions or questions? Let us know in the comment section below.