DJ Controllers are an interesting piece of technology. They were popularized by the underground rave scene and quickly spread to different music genres around the world. Today they are commonly used in clubs large and small for live remixes on the fly. That being said, not all DJ controllers are made equal-meaning that some are better than others, at least for different genres. We will now go over the best DJ controllers-each one with its strengths and weaknesses.
I bet everyone knows that DJ Controller is a product that can be applied to mix songs or your own songs at the same time. I have seen many people play music in public places with PC and MIDI controllers, however, it will become completely different if you use the best DJ Controller because the quality of sound will become much better.
Our Top Picks :
- Best for small house: Hercules DJ DJControl Starlight
- Best for Ipad: Reloop Beatpad
- Best for beginner: Numark Party Mix II
- Best for anyone: Pioneer DJ DJ Controller, Black, (DDJSB3)
- Best budget: Numark Party Mix Live
No products found.
Best DJ Controllers Review 2023
NX Wing is an updated and improved version of the NX1. It makes use of 48 touch-sensitive pads that are colorful and lighted, that will assist you to play drums, melodies or samples. Also it has 16 RGB backlit knobs so you can use them for mixing and editing your music. It’s compatible with all DAWs like Ableton Live, Cubase, Logic Pro etc. You can plug this DJ controller via USB 2 cable into an Apple or Windows Pc and start making music right away. NX Wing is the perfect choice whether you are looking to upgrade from a standard MIDI keyboard or if this is your first DJ MIDI device.
NX is ideal for beginners, hobby DJs, or mobile DJs who want to enjoy playing music anywhere anytime without having to carry bulky equipment. NX has three different modes (Mixer mode, Controller Mode, and Standalone Mixer Mode) which allows NX to adapt perfectly.
- No need for a power supply, NX Wing can be used everywhere via USB or battery.
- The NX is made of high-quality materials and has a unique design that looks modern and stylish.
- It also has two headphone connections (1/8 “and mini input) which can be used at the same time.
- NX is also compatible with most DJ software and ensures the smooth mixing of tracks.
- It offers excellent connectivity options, including three different modes (Mixer mode, Controller Mode, and Standalone Mixer Mode), USB, sound card, microphone input.
- NX Wing is a perfect controller for beginners and is suitable for all iPhones, iPhones, and laptops. NX has everything you need in a compact package. NX even offers a memory function that lets you record your favorite mixes.
- NX Wing can sometimes be crowded with other devices on the same input because of its large size.
- It does not have a color screen but instead uses LED for this purpose (although you get used to it very quickly).
Denon DJ Prime 4
- Ditch The DJ Controller, Discover the Power of PRIME - Full-featured, ultra-portable 4 deck smart DJ console with 10-inch HD gesture controlled touchscreen powered by Denon DJ’s ENGINE OS
- Command any Venue – Dedicated XLR Zone output provides music to separate room; 2 dedicated XLR inputs for microphones with individual control; crisp 24-bit Denon DJ legacy audio
Denon DJ Prime 4 is the perfect solution for those who want to mix music as it has many inputs, outputs, and controls such as Denon’s professional multi-colored performance pads, high-quality audio interface, support for various DJ software, and compatibility with many devices. Denon DJ Prime 4 has a very modern design and is made of high-quality materials. The device has a compact size, making it possible to take it everywhere.
Denon DJ Prime 4 is easy to set up and has a very high-quality build thanks to its premium components. It 4 also has a unique design that makes it look stylish and can be used to mix music with ease thanks to the 8 hot cue pads that are perfect for DJ. It also has many other functions and offers excellent connectivity options that can be used to connect Denon DJ Prime 4 to various devices. Denon DJ PRIME 4 is easy to set up due to three different modes ( Controller mode, External Mixing Mode, and Standalone Mixer Mode)
- User-friendly interface
- Great Denon build quality
- Good effects and sampling options
- No standalone mixer mode (i.e. you cannot switch on the unit without an external mixer attached)
- Can’t quickly jump out of sampler modes to straight mixing (must go through all modes each time)
Complete Serato DJ System
- Complete Serato DJ System – DJ Controller with integrated DJ mixer for Serato DJ Pro (download included) featuring 2 decks of control and dual USB laptop connections for seamless handoffs
- Personalize your DJ Set - Six quick-launch FX with dual metal paddles; Instant loop controls; Eight performance pads per deck to access cues, loops, rolls, slicer, samples and Serato’s Scratch Bank
Serato Complete is a complete DJ system that enables you to mix your music like professionals.
Complete Serato DJ System has joined forces with Denon to make it easier for DJs to mix their tracks.
It also includes high-quality headphones, speakers, two CDJ-2000NXS2 players, one CRX1200 mixer, and many other accessories. CDS has a very modern design that ensures easy mixing of songs.
If you’re a professional DJ who needs top-quality sound and advanced features for your digital music performance, then Complete Serato DJ Complete System is perfect for you. It offers more of everything that DJs love about the world’s leading DVS system: epic mixing, powerful performance effects, rock-solid stability, and seamless software/hardware integration. And now Complete provides a new level of power with a 64-bit operating system on Macs and Windows machines, near-instant boot times, and blazing processing speeds and also includes our latest software innovations like Live Racks, Sampler Track, and Pitch ‘n Time DJ – an amazing tool for time stretching vocal tracks to mix them with ease. Complete – the best digital DJ equipment money can buy.
- Complete contains everything you need to start using digital systems out of the box (speakers, decks, mixer), which makes life much easier for beginners.
- Complete also has some decent Pioneer components; the DDJ-SB2 is a great little controller and the Xone: PX5 has some good FX.
- Complete will lock you into a Serato workflow – if you employ another software package down the track, Complete may become less viable as the main setup.
- Complete also doesn’t come with any media (CDs etc) or headphones which adds to the cost of getting off the ground.
- Roland’s DJ-707M is an incredibly versatile DJ controller great for not only mixing and scratching but also livestreaming, content creation, remixing, event production, or even Karaoke.
- For live streamers and content creators, the abundance of inputs and outputs easily allows you to run microphones and other audio sources directly to your iPhone or iPad stream, speakers, or recorders.
Roland’s DJ-707M is an all-in-one solution for DJs to mix music with ease and comfort.
It has a 7″ scratchable multi-function color screen that makes the DJ mixing easy and fun.
Roland DJ-707M includes four hot cues, large jog wheels, and powerful effects to amplify your playing skills and also allows you to easily download and save songs from Roland Cloud, which enables you to access Roland’s vast collection of WAV files directly via USB for importing songs into your performance.
Roland’s DJ-707M Main Features
Color touch screen
Large jog wheels
Four Hot Cues
Roland DJ-707M is a well-rounded solution that would be a great option for new DJs. The built-in color touch screen makes the interface easy to use and understand, despite not having any screen protection.
The large jog wheels are very responsive but lack some of the more advanced controls you’d see on more costly controllers like Innofaders or Slipmats.
One of my favorite features of Roland DJ-707M is the fact it comes with 4 Hot Cues which allow you to set cue points on your track without touching the waveform so they are perfect for beat matching/mixing quickly between tracks. Overall I think Roland DJ-707M has some great features at a fraction of the cost of some other controllers on the market.
- Large jog wheels
- Color touch screen
- 4 Hot Cues
- Limited extra features.
Traktor Kontrol S4
- New large motorized jog wheels with haptic feedback in three modes: Feel a 'click' for cue points and loops when scrolling through tracks; Input Impedance: 48.5kΩ
- RGB LED Ring surrounding each jog wheel visualizes deck rotation in jog and turntable modes, track tempo, and deck selection (A and B in blue, C and D in orange)
Traktor Kontrol S4 is a Traktor Pro 2-licensed, pro controller for Traktor DJ software.
It features high-quality Traktor audio and 4 deck control; dual USB port; four additional playback faders; dedicated filter knobs; touch strip; and more. Traktor Kontrol S4 comes with Traktor LE 2 DJ software. Traktor Kontrol S4 is a Traktor Pro 2-licensed, pro controller for Traktor DJ software.
Traktor Kontrol S4 Main Features:
- Includes Traktor Pro 2 license
- High-quality sound – 24-bit DACs & 48 kHz sampling rate
- Dual USB Ports – One for MIDI connection to your computer and one directly to the unit for
I recently moved from Virtual DJ to Traktor and have been using their S2 controller. It was a great piece of gear but had some limitations; the main one being I couldn’t use any 3rd party FX (only those supplied with VT).
- Quality of sound – 24-bit DACs & 48 kHz sampling rate Dual USB Ports – One for MIDI connection to your computer and one directly to the unit for effects. Traktor Pro 2 license included.
- Pricey compared to other controllers in the same range with similar functionality.
- 2-channel Mixer with LCD Jog Display
- 16 Multicolor Performance Pads
2-channel DJs include 2 turntables and 2 CDJs (or 2 USB interfaces) and must use crossfaders to fade between tracks. 2-channel DJs usually run their songs through a mixer, including 2 phono/line inputs for each turntable and 2 stereo line-level sources for each CDJ. Many professional DJs use mixers that allow them to add effects like beat sync, echo, or reverb when they are transitioning from one song to another.
A 2-channel DJ controller is a 2 deck, 2 channel DJ software controller with 16 touch-activated platters and 2 independent player decks for ultimate control over your mix!
A 2-channel DJ controller is designed to give you the feel of 2 complete vinyl turntables and 2 CD players at your fingertips. It works as an external soundcard with your existing mixer or can be used as a stand-alone mixer thanks to the 2 Phono/Line inputs and stereo RCA output. 2ch DJ Controller gives DJs and producers professional control over their digital music, allowing them to connect up to 4 decks in Traktor Pro via timecode (included) or MIDI interface (not included).
- 2-channel DJ controllers are usually less expensive than four-channel units.
- 2-channel units generally have a smaller physical profile and controller size, which appeals to many users who move around while they play or if their style of performance includes a lot of movement.
- 2-channel units tend to be “plug and play” devices which means that no additional software is required for them to function properly within your DJ software setup. 2-Channel DJ controllers tend to also come with their built-in audio interface so you don’t need additional hardware to connect one of these types of controllers up to your computer or laptop.
- 2-Channel DJ Controllers typically feel more like an instrument than most 4
The 2 tends to use less durable materials in their construction such as plastic or other lightweight metals instead of steel or aluminum chassis’.
Denon DJ MC7000
- The Denon DJ Legacy - Solid and compact 4-Channel DJ controller & mixer for Serato DJ
- Dual USB Audio Interfaces - Connect 2 computers at once, enabling two DJs to play together (on their preferred DJ software) and ‘hand off’ in a truly seamless, uninterrupted manner.
In 2010 Denon launched a revolution in the world of DJ systems with the introduction of an extraordinary set of features and technology which gave birth to their first flagship digital controller. The name was consistent with the other models from the range – MC7000. The quality supplied has finally brought this system into a class of its own allowing it to sit at the very top of controllers for electronic music. It is considered by many as one of the best professional level digital dj controllers ever made due to countless unique and innovative functions that separate it from any other similar device on today’s market . In addition ,it comes under quite a decent price tag so it can be accessed by a broader clientele .
The controller can be considered really user friendly due to its built in screen and great number of buttons besides the standard jogwheels. Its performance mode allows users not only to set up a playlist but also take control over looping, cueing and effects parameters besides the standard mixing capabilities. Everything seems to be taken from the previous models with an addition of new functions which have been implemented due to customer’s requests after they tried older models from Denon DJ.
- Denon DJ MC7000 is based on Denons most advanced mixer technology and has 2 USB inputs which can be used in conjunction with Denon’s own Serato DJ software
- Denon DJ also supplies you with all the usual things like an extender cable, slipmats (decent quality rubber mats not felt) RCA cables for analog connection, or optical Toslink digital cable.
- Denon DJ doesn’t include the option to change the colors of the pads, they are either white or solid red/blue/yellow depending on what preset you are currently using they do not plan on providing any type of color-changing skins at this time.
- 4-Deck controller and DJ Mixer that works with or without the computer
- External mixing (2 CD/Turntable + 2 Mic)
Numark N4 is a Numark all-in-one solution for Serato DJ Intro, which includes Numark’s new 4 channel mixer with impressive line faders and bass/treble controls, two Numark Orbit MP3 players, plus software to get you started. Numark N4 sets up in seconds and packs all the tools needed to master your mix on the move. Numark MP3 player effects are built right into hardware; strike any pad to access each player eight studio-quality FX. Numark’s new 16 high-resolution backlit pads give tactile control of Serratos SP-6 sampler, hot cues, loops, and more while velocity-sensitive volume faders allow for smooth transitions through your mix.
The Numark N4 is a 4-channel DJ mixer that can be used to mix up any tracks you want. Numark has incorporated high-quality and rugged construction with DJ mixers such as volume control, bass and treble EQ, crossfader, and much more. Numark N4 is designed for portability with its rugged aluminum construction chassis, which makes it easy to travel. Numark also offers Numark N4 Accessories like Numark NS6 Speaker System and Numark DM2000SR Dual CD/MP3 Media Player. With all these features packed into Numark N4, it makes Numark N4 one of the Best Price Numark Mixtrack Pro 3 at shops like Numark Australia.
- The Numark N4 is a 4-channel DJ mixer that can be used to mix up any tracks you want.
- Numark has incorporated high-quality and rugged construction with DJ mixers such as volume control, bass and treble EQ, crossfader, and much more.
- Numark N4 is designed for portability with its rugged aluminum construction chassis, which makes it easy to travel.
Pioneer DJ DDJ-FLX6
- 4-deck DJ Controller with 2 Track Playback Decks
- Built-in USB Audio Interface
Pioneer DJ DDJ-FLX6 is a 2 deck controller with built in jog wheels for scratching and pitch bending. Unlike the original version, the “FD” controller comes with additional features to DDJ-FLX6 has the similar size, designed by RSD (Roland Serato Design), which makes it very easy for users to carry around the controller in a laptop bag or backpack. Pioneer DJ has included a “Dual USB port” feature to the controller allowing users to connect DJ player or laptop simultaneously with the supplied USB cable.
- The Pioneer DJ DDJ-FLX6 is the latest addition to the company’s range of all-in-one DJ controllers. The new controller comes with a black color body and has many features to make it a great option for DJs who are looking for an affordable, versatile DJ console.
- The Pioneer DJ DDJ-FLX6 has all the basic features expected from a compact controller. However, it is only designed for mixing two tracks at once and lacks other features that are available on its competitors such as four-deck control or filter knobs.
Reloop 236534 Controller
Reloop 236534 Controller
- Industry-first Hybrid Design to work plug 'n' play with djay and SeratoDJ (enabled)
- Multi-platform support for iOS/Android/PC/Mac, first docking mount that holds up to an iPad PRO (12.9")
- Industry-first Hybrid Design to work plug 'n' play with djay and SeratoDJ (enabled)
- Multi-platform support for iOS/Android/PC/Mac, first docking mount that holds up to an iPad PRO (12.9")
Reloop 236534 Controller is an all-in-one DJ console that offers many interesting features at a competitive price. It’s the first model of Reloop to work with Reloop’s new Reloop Play app, which makes it easier to use than most competing models. The controller comes equipped with high-performance jog wheels with LED illumination and four different modes for scratching and looping tracks. They can be used not only by professionals but also by beginners who want to try mixing without investing too much money in equipment.
- Reloop 236534 works on battery or USB power, which makes it easy to take anywhere with you.
- Reloop 236534 comes with Ableton Live Lite and Xcite+ software in the box so you can start making beats right away when you get Reloop in your hands.
- Reloop also allows you to switch between three different modes: Mixer, Player, and Sampler Mode
- Reloop has also cut costs by using plastic knobs instead of metal ones.
Factors To Consider When Choosing Bes Dj Controller
Type of software one is going to use
There are several DJ mixing softwares that you can choose from depending on your needs and preferences. Software compatibility should be one of the factors you consider when choosing a device to ensure it will work with the software you want to use. Most of them come as plug-ins or add-ons for those already installed on your computer. You have to check if the controller’s software will fit any other software you want so as not to buy another full conversion just because they do not suit each other.
DJ software compatibility
One of the usual downfalls of using third-party controllers is that they are not compatible with certain DJ software. If you want to be able to use your controller with different programs, then it’s a good idea to look for a model that has many features and compatibility options.
The price of the DJ controller usually depends on the cost of the materials used to make it, with metal DJ controllers usually being more expensive than plastic ones.
DJ controllers range in size from very small units to those that are as wide as a full-size DJ mixer. The smaller devices tend to be more portable and fit nicely alongside a laptop or tablet, and the larger ones can see you taking over a club booth with ease.
The DJ controller must be compatible with the system you want to use. For example, if you have a laptop running Windows 10 and want to use iTunes, your controller needs to be compatible with Windows 10 for it to work.
Connectivity options: USB or MIDI
FAQs about Best DJ Controller:
How does the DJ controller work?
The DJ controller works on a user interface that is available with it. A DJ can then use the same to manipulate the sound and their music without going through any complex procedure. The buttons and functions of a typical best DJ controller are dynamic, which makes the whole experience extremely fun and enthusiastic for the DJs.
How do I set up the DJ controller?
Plugging in the best DJ controller is fairly simple. As they are usually color coded, all you need to do is plug in the USB of your computer or laptop and attach your speakers to them. If you have a mixer already hooked up, then just connect the output of your controller into the mixer.
What are the components in Best DJ Controller?
This varies between different models, but basically it will be 2 decks and a mixer which usually comes with 4 stereo channels (2 for deck A, 2 for deck B). Some might even have additional effects loops. The best DJ controllers usually feature jog wheels, pitch faders and crossfader which are all the essentials of track mixing.
What can I do with the Best DJ Controller?
With the best dj controller you can mix your songs using the decks or if you don’t want to use them then you can also use virtual DJ software (the one that comes free with most good controllers). You can also incorporate your controller with any other DJ equipment you already have (like mixing tables, microphones etc).
Does the Best DJ Controller work without a laptop?
Yes, you can use them with CD players or turntables and it will work just like a normal mixer. If you want to use virtual DJ and your computer is not in the vicinity then your controller comes equipped with usb flash drives that allow you to save your
In this article, we have covered the best DJ controllers on the market. We’ve also given you a breakdown of what to look for when trying to choose an item that will suit your needs and help you improve as a DJ. In addition, we’ve answered some of the most frequently asked questions about these products so you can make an educated decision regarding which controller is right for you. When choosing a controller, keep in mind which features are most important to you and make a decision based on those specific requirements. In conclusion, Pioneer has made a great DJ controller for beginners who want to start mixing without investing too much money in equipment. Eventually, I highly recommend the NX Wing which is a high-quality device, and can be used in various situations with ease
The NX supports all kinds of DJ software and connects seamlessly to the computer, smartphone, or other equipment thanks to its USB port. NX offers everything you need for your performances at an excellent price/performance ratio.